I’m going to take a moment to write about something so cheesy
that you’re probably going to want to vomit. My birthday was yesterday and it
was perhaps the best birthday I’ve had in years. I didn’t do anything
spectacular. I didn’t get some huge gift that would make everyone jealous. I
just spent a day at home with my family and had friends come over to eat pizza
and swim (okay and there was a massive water balloon fight whilst a
thunder-storm was happening and it was pretty epic). Some people would call
that really lame and an average day; but it wasn’t.
Birthdays are supposed to be about celebrating the day you
were given life. People like to turn it into something it’s not by making it
not about the birthday person. In the past I’ve tried to get away from
celebrating my birthday because it’s no fun having people tell you how you have
to have fun. And this year I did everything in my power to keep it low-key and
to not let it be about other people. Some people were really upset, and I’m
sorry if I offended anyone in trying to keep it small. But really, I’m not
sorry, because I had so much fun doing what I wanted to do.
And the second part of this
post is that now that I’m 20, I don’t know what to do with myself as apparent
here:
So to keep this short and
sweet, thanks everyone who made my birthday amazing. Even if you didn’t do
anything, you helped by not doing anything. I’ll be back to regular fun
nonsensical blogs next week when I’m not too stuffed on pizza to care.
P.S. If you were bored and felt like this blog was a waste of your time and I should give you your time back, I can't do that. But I can introduce you a web-series that you should check out if you're into parodies and dating shows.
More on that later.

don't worry you'll have 10 years to figure out what your 20's are all about...
ReplyDelete