2/26/13

This is why I loathe card readers


I have a love/hate relationship with technology. I actually love it and am obsessed with it in a creepy, more-than-just-Facebook-stalking way. I’m also co-dependent on it like everyone else in this generation. The only people who aren’t are the people who are unable to read this blog post, because, well, they don’t like technology and aren’t on the internet. The reason I hate it as well is because it tends to just crap out on me, for lack of a better term.

I don’t know if I just buy really sub-par products or if it stems from a lack of care, but everything seems to want to die when I need it the most. The most recent example happened when I was using a card reader to upload pictures to my computer. I was sitting there, minding my own business, when the reader just exploded and caught me (and the house) on fire. Just kidding, just seeing if you were paying attention. But it was just as bad. It fried my 32 gb memory card.

I sat there in shock and disbelief. The treasure I once had loved was no longer responding and thus useless to me. I’m not sure if you comprehend how valuable a 32 gb memory card is (I mean, they’re a dime a dozen) but I was heartbroken. A quick search on Amazon and eBay resulted in me realizing how stingy I am when it comes to shelling out 20-something bucks for a memory card, because I wouldn’t do it.

It’s not so much the material good that I miss; it’s all the awesome pictures that never got a chance. They will never see the light of day again because the evil and malicious card reader ate them all. I have a habit of hurting inanimate objects when they hurt me, so for right now the card reader is in time out. I feel like I have to punish it before I just throw it away, seeing as how it is no good to me. It will spend it’s last days thinking about what it did before it receives the same fiery death it bestowed on my precious pictures (and by fiery death, I mean sent to the junkyard or wherever).

Perhaps I sound crazy, but I don’t care. It’s just a sad day when you switch out your 32 gb memory card to an inferior 4 gb one because it’s all you have lying around. At the end of the day I suppose it’s better to have loved and lost than to have the wretched card reader actually burn the house down. I don’t know how to sound melancholy enough; all I know is that I’m never trusting a card reader again for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.