Lately, I’ve found that I am overly exaggerating everything.
Maybe not directly to people, but I’ve been saying things in my head just to
add drama. I typically hate drama and avoid it at all costs but I’ve been known
to make up a story every now and then. When I was 7, I remember talking to the most
popular girl in my class and trying to sound really cool to her. It was snack
time and we were eating corn dogs. My mischievous 7 year-old mind thought it
would be hilarious to watch her reaction when I told her that corn dogs were
made out of real dogs. She must have been really stupid, or just really 7,
because she bought it.
It sounds horrible of me to say, but I think I liked coming
up with a story that someone else would believe. To many, this sounds like
lying; and those people are correct. But I like to sugar coat it and think that
I’m just creatively expressing my suppressed artist emotion. Just last week I
had this envisioned episode where Romney actually won Ohio and the presidential
race became tied. At the event of this tie, I imagined that the winner would be
picked by those that voted third party and I would be that one vote that picked
the winner. I have no idea why that
would be the outcome but it made watching the results so much more fun.
This past weekend I went to Houston to visit some family, I
had to fight off any urges to suddenly bust out about how I was going to be the
one swing voter that decided whether Romney or Obama was president and how I
would pick neither and choose something really random such as a cactus to
become our president. Speaking of changing the course of history, there’s an
online petition that recently came out to have Texas secede. To build the
drama, I yet again imagined this massive uprising Hunger Games style just to have the land zoned off. I pictured having to join a side and being a
part of a verbal army (not an actual army) which shouts witty things to the other side such as:
“We’re seceding because you like to wear leggings as pants!”
I haven’t decided if this is all a bad thing or not. It’s
not necessarily bad because I’m actively using my imagination but it’s not
necessarily a good thing because I am hyperbolizing way too much. At least I know
I should use my powers for good and stop telling people fictitious lies. I promise
to never tell someone corn dogs are made out of real dogs again. Maybe.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.