So out of nowhere this year, I’ve turned into a decent sized
sports fan. Of course seeing as how the major team in my area is the Spurs,
they have always had my heart. But this year it’s different. This year I find
myself watching every game and post-game coverage there is. The one thing I’ve
noticed and the one constant in every game is what I’m going to call “towel
flicking.” I have no idea if this has another name or how long this has been
around, but I find it completely hilarious.
To understand what towel flicking is, you have to watch the
bench when the team makes a good play, as seen here:
I slowed it down a little so you could see it for what it is. At the
end of the play, someone stands up and waves a towel. My brother claims this
has been a thing since the 60s. I’m not sure if every team does it, because I frankly don’t
care about other teams. All I know is it makes our team look super hood.
If you watch basketball, have you noticed it before? Really?
It’s a serious question. Because all I want to know this week is why it’s a
thing, how it got started, who started it, and what can I do to see more of it.
Clearly it’s my favorite thing about basketball at this point, other than
actually winning, so everyone please inform me. I have urgent questions and
Google is doing nothing to help me find answers!
Sorry the blog is so short and pointless this week, but
seeing as how basketball towel flickering is the only thing on my mind, no real
blog will be written until I get answers! And one last thing: Go Spurs Go!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.