I absolutely adore Christmas. As with many individuals, it
is my favorite holiday of the year. The reason I love it is because of the
entire Christmas season. I celebrate advent. So I just enjoy the lead up. That’s
why my family refuses to open gifts until Christmas day. It isn’t about who
gets what or who can out-gift each other. It’s about spending time with one
another. But you don’t need to hear this lecture from me.
What I want to share is my experience of the lead up. I wasn’t
able to get into Halloween or Thanksgiving this year. They didn’t even feel
like holidays; but Christmas will always feel like Christmas for me. And it’s
because I don’t stress out about the meal or the gifts. It’s because those 4
weeks after Thanksgiving and before Christmas are spent fantasizing and
preparing for the actual day.
Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year. It’s like when
you have really yummy food in the fridge, but you have to leave. You know that
when you get home it will be there waiting for you and that you can fully enjoy
it. For me, waiting is the best part. I know that might be weird but I don’t
mind waiting for something if I know that in the end it will be everything I want
and the wait will be worth it.
If you are reading this within 24 hours of me posting it,
then I thank you for taking time out of the holiday to spend it reading my
awesome blog. If you are reading it anytime after those 24 hours then I am
especially happy because you were probably busy enjoying your time (whether it
be with family, friends, or just doing something you love). So I’m going to
stop typing now and go spend time enjoying my lead-up hours.
I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.