12/17/13

This is why there's a surprise at the end

It is that time of year again, in between finals and Christmas, where I do quite a bit of reflecting. It is in these times that I would ideally like to get sentimental and thankful for this past year, and don’t get me wrong, I totally am. It’s just that this year I’m trying something different. Instead of sitting and reflecting, I am just go, go, go.

Why? I’ve learned about myself that if I reflect on my life for too long I start to regret the things I could’ve done and dwell on the things that went sour. I don’t want to do that anymore. Instead, I’m trying to be productive and getting a lot of things done. The scary part is I don’t know if I’m making a mistake. Trying to be grateful and trying to just reflect are two different things.

I want to turn any possible negativity into fuel for something greater than myself. Even if it means I just read more or spend more time with friends. What a better way to give back than by spending it with those I love or even just bettering myself?

I’m sorry if this hits too close to home or wasn’t enough of a distraction for you as we near the end of the year, but it was something that was weighing heavily on my chest. I probably wasn’t very clear last week about coming back to writing my blog, but it’s so that I will speak freely about whatever from here on out.

BUT DON’T YOU WORRY! I will still have fun topics and funny insights, just this weeks was not one of those weeks. But I want to know what’s been going on with you! If you need to talk, I am 100% here. Facebook me, Tweet me, whatever. I’ll listen. In fact, if you want to know my opinion about something, leave something for me to write about. I’d love that.


But until next time, here’s my favorite meme of the moment, Doge:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.