12/11/12

This is why girls are weird about their hair


I’m going to dismiss the rumors right now: all girls are complicated. It doesn’t matter if you think you’re simple. As human beings we are all complex. There is not much simplicity about living, especially in ‘murica. So guys, yes, you are correct. If a girl says she isn’t complicated, she’s either lying or delusional. Even the “simplest” of girls is still confusing. Even if it’s just a little bit.

The thing that boggles my mind the most is something I do myself. It’s about hair. Girls can never ever make up their mind about how to keep their hair. That’s why girls dye it, cut it, feather it, tinsel it, put glitter and a ton of other crap in it. We use mousse, hair spray, gel, wax, pomade, and I don’t even know what else. We spend anywhere from $10 to $infinity of dollars getting it this way, PER SINGLE VISIT. It’s ridiculous, yet hair does make or polish a person. It's also like an identity to girls. I can't tell you how many times I've down random stuff to my hair for the sake of just looking like a different person.

The one thing that girls do that is just ridiculous, is we grow it out for years upon years and then on a fleeting decision, cut it all off. That’s what I did. Spent blood (maybe not), sweat, and tears painstakingly keeping it long and healthy growing it out for two years and then with one slice of a pair of scissors cut it off. Why? Because I’m mentally insane like all girls. I justified the cut by donating it, yet truth be told I still haven’t sent in my ponytail, and that was almost 6 months ago.

At the time it was an impulsive move, but I have paid the price by searching how to grow out hair and trying to figure out how to make it longer overnight. What I have learned is all methods suck. There is not one way that magically helps. I’ve tried everything. At best it went from growing half an inch per month to ¾ of an inch per month. On average, hair grows half an inch per month. So I guess that’s better, sort of.

If anyone is wondering, yes I take vitamins and that helps. Taking biotin (check it out here) is supposed to give you healthier hair, so I’m starting there. I refuse to try horse shampoo, because it has weird chemicals in it, and I’m trying to use all natural substances. But what else can I do? Besides being patient. But who likes that? No one enjoys having to actually act patient. So if a girl tells you she does, she’s probably lying, which makes her even more complicated. What’s the bottom line? Girls are weird, like to dramatize the plight of their hair, and don’t associate with liars, end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.