12/18/12

This is why you don't give your number to stalkers


Now-a-days, it’s really hard to tell about a person. Sometimes they seem warm and friendly but then they end up being a total psychopath. That’s what happened to me within these past couple of months. Transferring to a new school, I didn’t really expect to meet and establish relationships with a whole lot of people the way I did with my previous university. It’s not like I was this poor, bedraggled, helpless, little girl who was desperate to make friends; but I didn’t turn down the chance. Until this happened.

I had to go to a lecture outside of class for a grade. I gave my number to a few classmates who seemed cool so we could meet up before hand and then sit together like all typical college students do. There was this one guy, however, that took it a little too far. He kept trying to physically talk to me during the lecture. When I politely told him to shut his mouth, he resorted to texting me things instead. It made me a little uncomfortable because I’m not used to such weird forceful people.

After the lecture was over, he texted me several times, and I tried to be nice and text back. But then things got weird. He asked me to send a picture of myself to him—keep in mind, this guy I hardly know—so he could save it as his contacts picture. I ignored that text. Then he asked if I had a boyfriend. Also avoided the question. That’s not something he needed to know. He also expressed when I didn't text him back that "He really missed me." Later he asked if I wanted to see the new Twilight with him and that’s when I just stopped. Twilight? Really?!  So I decided not to text him back because he made me feel unsettling and I was worried he would turn into a full-blown stalker.

That’s when this happened, and happened over 60 times:



I had to deal with this in high school. It’s no walk in the park. The guy was a bit creepier, as he would tell me things like “I need to see you again.” He probably didn’t think this would sound as horrific as it was, but he was almost to the point of finding out where I live and driving to my house. It’s not so much that he was a stalker, as much as he was just flat out obsessed with me. And I don’t say that to toot my own horn, because when it happens, you feel like snakes and worms and other slithery animal fiends are crawling all over you. It was bad.

The current guy's texts always resorted me to screaming and running every time my phone went off. But then I gained consciousness and remembered that he didn’t know anything about where I live or any of my social media websites. Hopefully. Actually I hope he does know I have a blog and I hope he gets the message that I am utterly creeped out. I would just text him back and tell him, but then I would have to deal with texting him. With any luck he will forget about me like the other guy did. I’m apparently only good enough to be obsessed over for short amounts of time.

On a final note, he sent me this the other day:



So there you have it, he definitely showed me, huh? Horrible grammar and all. Next time I won’t be as generous with handing out my number.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.