Before you start to read this don’t get discouraged. This
will not be a sad-sap post. But I will be honest; I feel very alone/lonely
lately. Now, feeling alone and feeling lonely are two totally different things.
Being alone is good and people should be alone sometimes. I remember my
freshman year of college getting into a fight in a class with a guy during a
discussion of what it means to be alone. I argued that I loved being alone
sometimes and that it was necessary to be alone at times. He said I was anti-social
and wrong. And then I said something to the effect that he probably was scared
to be alone and it shut him up. Oops. Oh well. Harsh Marie can be harsh.
And while it’s good to be alone, I personally believe it’s
never good to be lonely. When you start to feel lonely, you start to crave
people and things to fill your loneliness and oftentimes because you’re so
desperate to fill that void, you fill it with the wrong things. Take for
example Brittney Spears. She couldn’t just be alone. And instead had to get
with Kevin Federline. And guess what? It didn’t work out. So bam. She shaved
her head. If you don’t want to end up with a shaved head, don’t fill your
loneliness with the wrong people.
So how do you know what the right things are to fix your loneliness?
That’s the beauty. As stupid and lame and cheesy and lame as it sounds, it
comes from you. You can’t count on other people or things to make you happy.
You have to rely on yourself. And that’s why I’ve been so lonely lately. I’ve
done a pretty crappy job at being there for myself. I’m two umbrella-thrusts-at-the-paparazzi
away from going crazy and shaving my head. Why do you think when girls go
through a breakup, they end up with different colored hair or bangs or
something? People act out and feel the need to change themselves when they
realize they’ve made some sort of mistake.
I am almost laughing at myself because of my lonely-feelings.
Like, who in their right mind dwells on being lonely this much? So why have I felt
so lonely? I will share it with you because you are my loyal blog readers and I
love y’all. But I’m pretty independent when it comes to needing people. And lately
I’ve just felt like I need someone else in my life. But I also realize that because
I’m having all the feels, that means it’s probably not the right time to be
with anyone right now, because this is the time that I would fill my emptiness
with the wrong person. People, don’t be so desperate to get a significant
other.
So as for me, do not fret. I will be fine. But for you, if
you’re really feeling overwhelmingly lonely, talk to someone. Talk to a friend.
Talk to me. Please do not go off and do something drastic. Like attack the
paparazzi and then shave your head. But seriously, it's okay to feel all the feels; we all go through it.
(All the feels!)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.