5/15/12

This is why I dislike trucks...a lot


I made a finite decision today. It will offend some people; but I always offend people. This week my vendetta is against trucks. I have driven trucks, I have been in trucks, and I know people who own trucks. This does not mean I approve of them. Story time:

Today I had to run a lot of errands. I woke up far earlier than I ever do and drove around more than my body is used to. By lunchtime I was exhausted. Apparently due to some medication I’m on, if I haven’t eaten I start to shake. And I’m not talking about shivers. If I am holding anything or exerting pressure, it looks like I have Parkinson’s. Whilst in the middle of getting on the highway my right leg (YEAH the one you use to drive) started getting out of whack. It’s probably something that should be noted on my license, or something. But whatever. It’s under control as long as I eat in time.

OH and did I mention I have terrible road rage as it is. So I was getting on and off the highway and people would tail me or make an effort to be mean to me because I was going the speed limit. GOD-FORBID I GO THE ACTUAL FACKING SPEED LIMIT. And by “be mean” you know those things drivers do to inform you they aren’t happy with your driving. Like speeding around you or slowing down to glare at you before driving away. And it was only people driving a vehicle significantly larger than my Chevy Cobalt (which is named, Levi. Short for Leviticus).  So getting angry made me shake worse.

I was a mess. Poor Levi had to endure my weird driving habits, which Levi has rarely had to do before. So once I got something to eat and calmed down I rationalized my behavior. Was I taking it all too seriously? Of course I was. Do I care? Of course I do not. So as the irrational person I am, I came up with why trucks need to be banned. (Note, I realize this will never happen except maybe Europe or something. I mean, come on, this is Texas):

1.       Trucks are inefficient on gas: they ruin the environment and cost a lot.
2.       Trucks give people a superiority-complex: truck owners feel like they own the road and can make up traffic rules all willy-nilly.
3.       Car crashes: boom. Other person does not fare well. 

I will, however, get over it. I kind of already am. So don’t take offense if you drive a truck. But please don’t be a jerk about it. I get it; you’re higher up than most other people on the road. You still look like an idiot. This goes for people who drive SUVs, anything higher up, and especially Hummers. Especially Hummers.      

(Look it's me next to my brother's truck. So i can be nice to them, or something)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.